Photo Stream Automated (101 Things #45)
I've checked another goal off my 101 Things list: the photo stream in the left sidebar is now automated. It pulls family photos from our photography business site as they are added. I hope you enjoy this new site feature!
25 Random Things About Me
I just posted this over on Facebook, and I wanted to share it here as well. Here are 25 random things about me:
- I've played the piano since I was 6. I don't have nearly as much time to play as I used to, but it's still a great stress-reliever for me.
- I love science. I watched my dentist remove my wisdom teeth by looking at the reflection in his glasses. I've gotten into technical conversations with my wife's doctor before, which she did not find terribly amusing.
- Due to family rules, I didn't see a movie at the theater until I was in college.
- My idea of a perfect vacation is a camping trip, the longer the better. My parents have pictures of me camping with them when I was so young I could barely walk.
- I played basketball for my high school. I was terrible, but I had a lot of fun.
- My worst job ever was the summer between high school and college. I was a construction worker for a boss who was a slave driver. If I hadn't been planning to go to college, that job would have convinced me that I wanted to.
- My brother introduced me to the woman who has since become my wife.
- I have a birth certificate proving that I gave birth to my oldest daughter when I was 15 and Crystal was 11. Oh, and we somehow had this child in Mexico.
- I created my first website when I was in college, before the internet became really popular. It was terrible.
- I spent ridiculous amounts of time at the library as a child, and then my first job was working at the same library. I still read a lot on vacation and when I can get a few minutes away from my packed schedule.
- I spend so much time working with computers that I probably have an image of a computer screen permanently burned into my retinas.
- I can be funny. If you want to confirm that this is true, ask Ariana, not Crystal.
- I've buried two babies. It was the hardest thing I've ever done.
- I'm extremely afraid of heights.
- Even though I have a day job right now, I'm an entrepreneur at heart. I have enough ideas to keep me busy for the rest of my life.
- I had surgery on my eyes twice before I made it to high school.
- I sold my car, and now I ride my bike to school almost every day. This includes rides in the winter rains and the summer heat. I much prefer the winter rains.
- My college major is in Computer Information Systems. My minor is in Church Music. People always look at my funny when I tell them that.
- I have a thing for epic journeys. Someday, I'd like to hike the entire Appalachian Trail. I'd also like to ride my bike all the way across the United States.
- I'm an introvert. I don't make friends easily, and I don't trust easily. But once I love you, I'll never stop.
- Being a husband and father are the great joys of my life.
- I've lived in four states: North Carolina, Ohio, Kentucky, and California.
- Someday, I really want to learn to play the saxaphone.
- I'm a major control freak.
- This is probably the only one of this type of list that I'll ever post. Email forwards drive me crazy, and I don't want to bug anyone with anything that looks like one. If you want to know more about me, shoot me an email. :-)
New Email Subscription Option
I've just added a feature to this site allowing interested users to sign up for an email subscription to new posts. If you're interested, click on the 'Email' link under the 'Subscribe' heading in the right-hand column. A new window will open, where you'll need to enter your email address. Finally, you'll need to click on the link in the confirmation email.
I've added a feed containing my twitter feed to the right sidebar of the home page. If you scroll down a bit from the top, you'll see it. My twitter updates are little snippets of what I'm doing, thinking, and feeling. Enjoy!